Monday, January 4, 2010

starting off right...

Many of us begin our New Year with all sorts of goals. A new year brings a fresh new start. It brings us hope and encourages us by presenting us with a clean slate. I have such goals for myself, I too feel the encouragement and hope brought about by the cheer of "Happy New Year!"I am determined to make healthy decisions, the first of which is doing yoga every morning before I begin the tasks of the day. This may sound easy enough but now just add sleeping issues and the difficulty level rises greatly. I find myself awake til 1, 2, or 3 in the morning until I finally fall asleep! The result... I don't wake up til 11 or 12! Needless to say, this goal is going to take a lot of discipline. But I have hope and optimism on my side which makes this endeavor all the less intimidating.

Another of my goals... to drink less sugary coffees (whether or not I use non-fat milk) and to stay away from chocolate as much as I possibly can...unless it's "free trade."

A less healthy but far more fun and exciting goal I have for this year is to cook and bake the different meals and treats from the cook books my mom bought me this Christmas! :)

Well tomorrow, I should say today, will be my first official yoga day... pray I can even wake up in the morning to do it. Now that it is 12:39 a.m. I am going to try and get some rest. I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday season and were greatly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment